Construction Activities from March 3 – 8 and March 10 - 15
Contractors will perform the following work:
Runway Structures (Areas 4 and 6)
- Completing the interior and installation of the mechanical, electrical and piping systems of the utility building in Area 4.
- Installing ventilation, lighting, fire detection and fire suppression systems in the tunnels.
- Setting the beams across the tunnel walls and taxiway columns.
- Installing diaphragms and rebar between the beams that will form the tunnel ceiling/runway decks.
- Pouring concrete for the runway and taxiway decks.
- Conducting site preparation and soil improvements.
- Paving and lane striping in the tunnels.
Ramps and Roadwork
- Building a ramp in Area 1.
- Site preparation for the airport exit ramp in Area 2.
Click on the image for a larger version.
- Installing the retaining wall in Areas 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
- Installing drainage in Areas 5, 8, 9, and 10.
- Trucks hauling fill to Areas 4, 6, 9, 10, and 12.
- Creating a water retention pond in Area 11.
- Laying sod in Areas 4, 5, and 6.
Terminal 4 (Area 13)
- Installing underground utilities.
- Pouring the concrete pile caps and columns.
- Constructing walls in west end of the project.
- Installing piles at east end of the project.
Terminal 4 Parking Apron (Area 13)
- Relocating trees.
- Clearing and grubbing.
- Pouring the concrete base layer in Areas 10 and 11.
- Pouring the concrete top layer in Areas 10 and 11.
- Installing utilities in Areas 10, 11, and 12.
- Conducting site preparation in Areas 10, 11, and 12.
- Installing FAA navigational equipment in Areas 5 and 11.
- Laying asphalt shoulders in Area 10.
- Installing a terrazzo floor in the baggage claim level.
- Removing the carpeting and prepping the floor by the shops/restaurants pre-security on the ticketing level.
Pedestrian Bridges (Walkways between the terminals and garages)
- Demolishing the roofs.
- Sandblasting the steel frame to remove the rust.
- Painting the steel frame.
Look at a larger version of the Construction Area Map (PDF).
Required Plug-ins:Adobe® Reader®
Back to Top