What is Broward County Transit Connected?
Broward County Transit (BCT) is launching the start of this project which will develop a 10-year transit development plan (TDP). This plan will assess the current transit system, evaluate existing and future needs, prioritize future projects and services, and create a vision for transit in Broward County.
A TDP includes the following sections:
• Baseline conditions – information about population, employment, and transit system trends
• Public input – opportunities for the community to participate in the process
• Goals and objectives – statements to guide the actions to produce the desired outcomes
• Transit demand – assessment of the need for existing and new services
• Future directions – setting of the direction for transit for the 10-year period
In addition to defining the transit vision, the TDP ensures eligibility for transit funding from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
What Does the TDP Mean for Me?
The TDP process gives you the opportunity to tell BCT what works for you, what doesn’t work for you, and how you would like transit to be improved in the next 10 years.
How can I get involved?
Throughout the TDP process, you will have many opportunities to provide input. An on-board survey will be conducted on all BCT routes to collect feedback. BCT will host community meetings, conduct an online survey, and be out and about in the community at a variety of places—farmers’ markets, churches, civic association meetings, community organization meetings, and other public spaces. You can participate by doing the following:
• Look for the logo… wherever you see the BCT Connected logo, we will be gathering information for the plan.
• Complete a brief online survey.
• Sign up to receive BCT announcements via e-mail.
• Read the Public Involvement Plan
Attend upcoming events listed below to participate.
Don’t miss this opportunity to help shape your community’s future!
|Pompano Green Market
||9:00 AM - Noon|
|Miramar/Memorial Health Green Market
||9:00 AM - Noon|
|United Neighbors of Eastern Miramar
|Cleveland Clinic Farmer's Market
|Community Bus Partners Quarterly Meeting
|Broward County Local Coordinating Board
|Broward League of Cities
|Broward MPO Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC)
|Broward MPO Community Involvement Roundtable (CIR)
|Broward County Board of County Commissioners
|Broward MPO Board
|SFRTA Planning Technical Advisory Committee (PTAC)
|Work Force One
For more information on the TDP, please contact us at BCTConnected@broward.org.
Links to previous Broward County Transit Development Plans are provided below.
Required Plug-ins: Adobe® Reader®