Professional Associations & Organizations
There are numerous professional associations & organizations at a local, state and national level that offer opportunities for advocacy, collaboration, networking, training and resource sharing. Find an organization that fits your area of interest, and get involved! Click here for associations/organization focused on homelessness.
- Affordable Housing Association of Certified Public Accountants (AHACPA) is a national association of CPAs and financial professionals providing financial services, support and education for the affordable housing and HUD-approved lender communities.
- American Planning Association (APA) is an independent, not-for-profit educational organization that provides leadership in the development of vital communities. Its mission is to bring together thousands of people, practicing planners, citizens, elected officials, committed to making great communities happen.
- American Planning Association (APA) Florida Chapter is the Florida Chapter of the APA's goal is to promote the art and science of planning, encourage the exchange of information and professional experience, sponsor activities, provide opportunities for professional growth and development, and promote fellowship among planners.
- American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA) provides leadership for the seniors housing industry on legislative and regulatory matters, advances research, education and the exchange of strategic business information, and promotes the merits of seniors housing.
- Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) promotes walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development, sustainable communities and healthier living conditions.
- Florida Alliance of Community Development Corporations (FLACDC) is an association dedicated to strengthening Florida’s community-based organizations and supports affordable housing, economic and community building strategies. The Alliance is currently participating in the rule development process for the State Universal Application Cycle for housing and working with the Florida Housing Finance Corporation and Department of Community Affairs to further the understanding of CDC.
- Florida Association for Community Action (FACA) Serves Florida’s network of Community Action Agencies by providing training, technical assistance, advocacy, and capacity building services as well as working with public and private organizations to assist with the reduction of poverty in Florida.
- Florida Association of Counties (FAC) helps counties effectively serve and represent Floridians by strengthening and preserving county home rule through advocacy, education and collaboration.
- Florida Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (FAHRO) Established nearly 70 years ago as a means of exchanging information for the purpose of improving low income and affordable housing and community services. Since then, FAHRO has grown to represent more than 200 housing agencies, community development agencies, and associate members who work together to ensure that all of Florida’s citizens have clean, safe, and affordable housing.
- Florida Association of Local Housing Finance Authorities (FLALHFA) a Florida nonprofit corporation consisting of private and public professionals dedicated to financing affordable single-family and multi-family housing in the State of Florida. The FLAHFA provides learning and networking opportunities for providing safe and affordable housing. They also evaluate, advocate and support the State and Federal housing legislation and establish the importance of local housing authorities.
- Florida League of Cities, Inc. A united voice for Florida’s municipal governments. Its goals are to promote local self-government and serve the needs of Florida’s municipal governments. The League is founded on the belief that local self-government is the keystone of American democracy. League headquarters are in Tallahassee.
- Florida Planning and Zoning Association (FPZA) This statewide nonprofit organization is comprised of people dedicated to planning and developing a quality Florida. It was formed with a mission to "furnish a medium for interchange of information and mutual assistance among those interested in planning and zoning." Since it was organized in 1951, FPZA has helped shape and promote state planning and zoning legislation.
- Florida Redevelopment Association (FRA) A not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting Florida professionals and volunteers in community revitalization efforts. With its mission of “transforming spaces, revitalizing places,” FRA is committed to providing a forum for its members to share knowledge and common experiences regarding revitalization opportunities and issues throughout Florida.
- Housing Association of Nonprofit Developers (HAND) is comprised of nonprofit and for-profit housing developers, resident service providers, lenders, government agencies, policy analysts and others, to support the development of sustainable communities for people and families at all income levels.
- National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) work to facilitate the physical and emotional aspects of relocation for older adults, to increase industry awareness, to establish a national referral network, to enhance the professional competence of members, and to promote the delivery of our services with compassion and integrity
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) encourages and fosters high standards of land use planning and real estate development.
Back to Top