(Broward County Municipality and County Staff Only)
Dates: Thursday, December 6, 2012
Time: 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Location: Broward County Emergency
Management Division/ Emergency
201 NW 84th Avenue, Ops Floor
Plantation, Florida 33324
The purpose of this course is to familiarize municipal liaisons assigned to work at the Broward Emergency Operations Center (EOC) with policies, procedures, and resources utilized during EOC activations. The course is recommended for liaisons to refresh their knowledge and skill sets of the Municipal Services Branch (MSB) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and WebEOC ®.
The course provides administrative and technical training which includes review of the MSB SOP and Broward County’s WebEOC ® system. Course will include classroom instruction, hands-on computer use, and a brief exercise. A PowerPoint presentation, course handouts, and municipal passwords will be provided.
As per the MSB SOP, starting in 2012, municipal liaisons are required to participate in an MSB training once every two years. The course is provided at the Broward EOC at least on a quarterly basis.
Instructor: Gustavo Vilchez, Municipal Services Branch Director (Alpha Shift)
- Review of the Broward Emergency Response Team (BERT) organization;
- Broward EOC activation procedures;
- MSB Branch and liaison responsibilities as per the MSB SOP;
- Use of WebEOC ® in the following areas:
· Updates to frequently used WebEOC ® boards and services;
· Maintenance of the Municipal Essential Elements of Information (EEI) Board;
· Use of Mission and Resource Requests;
· Format of Situation Summaries
- Use of workstation resources and computer programs: Rapid Impact Assessment (RIA); Outlook account; and phone features.
Audience: Municipal Liaisons/Representatives and other personnel assigned to work at the Municipal Services Branch in the Broward County EOC.
Pre-Requisite: Basic WebEOC ® Course
Broward County personnel please use the Learning Center on BC-Net.
Non-County personnel please complete the attached registration form and submit it as per the directions given.
Points of Contacts:
Richard Allen, Broward County Training Coordinator
Broward County Emergency Management Division
Course InformationGustavo Vilchez, Municipal Services Branch Director
Broward Emergency Management Division