Week of January 31, 2012
Reminder: Any SunShot questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the SunShot ombudsperson, Mr. Dennis Pustizzi at 954-765-4400, x9367.
1. DOE has indicated the grant agreement should be received by 2-15-12.
2. Broward staff continues to work on developing a preliminary version of the permitting application. A webinar reviewing the system was completed on 2-3-12. The webinar was recorded, will be posted on YouTube, and a link provided in the next status update.
Click here to watch the SunShot Permitting Application Webinar.
3. DOE has announced a national virtual SunShot Kick-Off for February 16 at 1:00 p.m. (no details yet on how to view the kick-off).
4. Based on input received to date, the mounting system Request for Information response date is being moved back to 2-17-12 and an additional teleconference is being scheduled for February 7, 2012, 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. (954-357-5482).
5. A SunShot website is now up.
A FINAL IMPORTANT NOTE
If you are interested in serving on one of the SunShot Grant committees, please contact the Team Leader of that committee (see organizational structure). If interested, you are strongly encouraged to participate to help effect one of the key goals of the grant – inter-jurisdictional coordination.
Jeffery Halsey, Director
Broward County Pollution Prevention, Remediation and Air Quality Division
Participating Partners: City of Coconut Creek, Dania Beach, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Hillsboro Beach, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Miramar, North Lauderdale, Oakland Park, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, and Florida Power & Light