SUMMARY: Under general supervision, performs highly responsible supervisory and technical duties in planning and implementing diverse aspects of property management for an assigned County facility or facilities.
· Performs diverse aspects of property management for an assigned facility or facilities including daily building operations, customer requests, maintenance, and custodial needs .
· Supervises subordinate personnel in scheduling and coordination of property management and maintenance activities.
· Serves as lead contact between Facilities Management Division and customer agencies.
· Identifies and responds to issues regarding day to day operations and strategic needs of buildings managed and customer business requirements.
· Administers terms of vendor contracts for landscaping, janitorial, pest control, security, and related services.
· Assist in the preparation of operating and capital budgets.
· Prepares reports, purchase requisitions, and related documents.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE : (Applicants are expected possess the required Knowledge’s, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below prior to being hired for positions in this job title.)
· Knowledge of current practices and principles of facilities management and operations.
· Knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of supervision and organization.
· Knowledge of basic building and grounds maintenance practices and procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
· Ability to develop, plan and implement diverse facilities management programs and activities.
· Ability to operate a personal computer and related business software applications.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or political affiliation.
· Ability to serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County = s Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies .
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS – NOT REQUIRED AT TIME OF HIRE BUT EXPECTED TO BE DEVELOPED ON THE JOB: (The following Knowledges, Abilities, and/or Skills listed below, although considered to be necessary in order to perform the work of this job title, are not required at time of hire.)
· Ability to negotiate service agreements and contracts.
· Ability to develop, administer and analyze customer satisfaction surveys.
REQUIRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school supplemented by college level course work in public administration, business administration, planning, engineering, or related field: five (5) years experience in facilities management, including supervisory and administrative experience; or any equivalent combination of relevant training and experience.
Bargaining Unit: Government Supervisor’s Association (GSA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Class Spec: Established: 01/1991 Revised: 08/2004