What information do I need to get a Broward County Library card?
Apply for a library card at any Broward County Library or apply online. You will need one of the identification cards listed below to register in-person for a library card:
- State of Florida driver's license or
- State of Florida photo ID card or
- State of Florida firearms license
For more information about a State of Florida driver's license or photo ID card, visit the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles web site.
For more information about a State of Florida firearms license, visit the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services' Division of Licensing.
What if I do not have one of the items above?
If you do not have one of these three specific forms of identification listed above, then you will need two of the items below:
- One of the following valid photo identifications listed in Section A along with one address verification item listed in Section B:
Section A: Photo Identification
- Out-of-state or international driver's license (if now residing permanently in Broward County)
- Resident or condo card
- Credit card (with photo only)
- Student ID
- Broward County Transit card
- Work ID (with photo only)
- Wholesale club card
- Resident alien card
- U.S. Uniformed Services Identification Card
Section B: Address Verification
- Voter identification/registration card
- Auto registration
- Utility bill
- Check imprinted with name and address
- Official bank statement
- Standard lease agreement (no rent receipts)
- Mortgage document
Courtesy and Visitor's Cards
Courtesy Card: for non-residents who go to school or work in Broward County. Must present a form of ID as described above and one of the following:
- Current school schedule (with school address)
- Current school ID (must identify a school in Broward County)
- Employment ID (must identify a Broward County employer address)
- Letter from school registrar's office
- Payroll stub showing Broward County address of employer
A courtesy card is good for one year.
Visitor Card: Must present form of ID as described above at any Broward County Library with an out-of-county permanent address and one of the following to verify your Broward County address:
- Lease agreement
- Rental agreement
A visitor card is good for six months. Non-residents may purchase a card good for one year for $50.