Functions & Responsibilities
The functions and responsibilities of the Environmental Lab shall include the following:
- Design, conduct, and coordinate research programs for improvement of the environment of Broward County, and to support the goals and objectives of the agency and Broward County.
- Conduct field testing and sample collection to support Environmental Protection and Growth Management Department operations.
- Provide technical support to other Broward County agencies.
- Provide contract support to other Broward County and state agencies.
- Perform chemical and physical analyses of inorganic compounds using spectrophotometric and classical analytical methods.
- Conduct chromatographic organic chemical analyses.
- Perform macro- and micro- biological evaluation of samples.
- Perform sample preparation procedures for analyses by various scientific instruments.
- Develop and utilize laboratory automation and information system to design studies, interpret data, and report findings of environmental investigations.