Oak Ridge Hall Rental Rules & Information
The Oak Ridge Auditorium Hall is available for public use by reservation up to one year in advance. A park Permit must be filled out and signed to ensure reservation. The facility is not reserved unless full payment is made. WIFI is available in this hall.
Rules for Using the Oak Ridge Hall
Tree Tops Auditorium setup (capacity approximately 180)
- Decorations: All tablecloths and decorations must be provided by the renter or caterer; they are not included in the rental.
- Capacity: Banquet (60-inch diameter round tables and chairs) seating: 184 people.
- Fees: Current approved fees as stated in the contract apply for a 12-hour period from Friday through Sunday for all weddings. Rental includes the use of the catering kitchen.
- Payment Options: Payment must be made by cash, check, or credit card (Discover, MasterCard, Visa, and Amex). If paid by check, a picture I.D. must be presented. Checks should be made payable to Broward County Board of County Commissioners and must be received 30 days prior to the event.
- Hours of Rental: Fridays, Saturdays: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Sundays: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Time frame includes setup and cleanup and must be strictly adhered to. Park staff will set up tables and chairs if requested.
- Parking: All vehicles must park only in designated areas. Parking by the main building is prohibited except for loading and unloading.
- Cleanup/Security Deposit: A cash cleanup/security deposit as stated in the contract is due at the park office on the day of the rental. Entrance into the Oak Ridge Auditorium Hall is prohibited prior to deposit being made. After the event and the facility has been sufficiently cleaned, as determined by the park staff, the deposit will be returned to the permit holder or designee. The security deposit must be picked up in a timely manner. Failure to clean the facility properly or a violation of park rules will result in loss of deposit. Any property damaged by the rental or guests will be replaced/repaired by the party to at least equal value of the property.
- Cleanup Responsibilities of Renter: The last hour of rental should be used for cleanup. Remove all decorations, including string. Pick up all trash and place in bins. Nothing may be left overnight.
- Activities: The facility may be used for most activities. Any unusual activity and/or equipment (i.e., tents, archways, and gazebos) must be approved by park management and noted on the permit prior to activity date.
- Sound: Amplified music and loud noises that interfere with other park patrons are prohibited.
- Smoking: No smoking is allowed in the Oak Ridge Auditorium Hall. No open flames allowed. No candles are permitted.
- Intoxicants: All intoxicants other than beer and wine are prohibited. Kegs must have park management approval and be placed in a plastic container.
- Pets: Dogs and cats must be on six-foot leashes and under owner’s control at all times.
- Setup/Decorations: Staples, tape, nails, tacks, and other items that penetrate surfaces are prohibited. Nothing can be hung from or affixed to the lights, rafters, ceiling, or ceiling fans. All materials must be removed completely within the permit time. Decorations must be approved by park management. Glitter, sequins, balloons, and confetti are prohibited. At weddings, please use birdseed instead of rice and throw it only outdoors. All tables and chairs, except for folding chairs, must remain inside the assembly hall. The floor plan should be presented at least one week prior to rental date. Failure to present a diagram may result in withdrawal of staff courtesy setup.
- Rental Restrictions: No setup or storage of property before rental hours. Candles, tiki torches, and open flames in the hall or patio are prohibited.
- Catering: All commercial caterers must provide a copy of their Board of Health Food Handlers Permit and a Certificate of Insurance. See Vendor Information. The Certificate of Insurance must be submitted to the Broward County Parks and Recreation Division more than two weeks prior to the rental date. The certificate must contain limits of liability required and established by the Broward County Risk Management Division. Refer to the approved vendor list available on the parks main web page under Vendor Information. The permit holder is responsible for the caterer's personnel, vehicles, and equipment and compliance with all policies, rules, and regulations. All foods must come prepared. No on-site cooking is permitted.
- Subcontracting: Subcontracting on any permit is not allowed. This will result in immediate revocation of permit and forfeiture of rental fee.
- Sale of Goods, Raffles, Etc.: The sale of any article, food, or beverage to the public, without specific written Broward County Parks and Recreation Division approval, is prohibited by County Ordinance. Such requests must be made at least one month in advance to the park manager.
- Conduct: The permit holder must take all necessary steps to control all participants. Children must be supervised. Any person or persons violating Facility Rental or Park Rules and Regulations or, in the opinion of the park manager, constituting a public nuisance or potential hazard to public or park property, or exhibiting disorderly conduct, shall be served notice by the park manager and expelled without refund of fees from park property.
- Cancellations/Refunds: Approved cancellation fees are in effect. In order to be eligible for a refund, a cancellation must be made in writing to the park manager at least 14 days prior to intended date of use. The County refund policy will be in effect. No refunds will be given for inclement weather. Refund payment may take from six to eight weeks.
- Responsibility of County: The Broward County Board of County Commissioners and the Broward County Parks and Recreation Division will not be responsible for any loss of personal property or injury by fire, theft, accident, or natural incident.
- Payment: The charge for processing a dishonored check, draft, or other order of payment will be applied.
- Ice: Ice is not available in the park.
- Miscellaneous: The noncompliance with any of the above-stated rules and regulations may result in the revocation of the permit, loss of cleanup/security deposit, and refusal of any subsequent permit applications for up to one year.
ALL INFORMATION SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
For more information or to make a reservation, call the park at 954-357-5130.
Required plug-ins: Adobe® Reader® | Microsoft Office Reader®