Take the Challenge | Build Your Team | Educational Activities | Teacher Pledge
Conservation & Climate Change (C3) Challenge Main Page
Teacher Pledge Drive
Take the C3 Challenge Teacher's Pledge
For each teacher who accepts the C3 Challenge have them take a Teacher Pledge to educate students about actions they can take to reduce their carbon footprint at school and home. Try to implement new actions and reward students for their accomplishments.
Point Scale (Word-1.38MB)
The elementary, middle, and high school with the highest score wins:
- Recognition by the Broward County Board of County Commissioners
- Climate Change Educational Collection Library (books, movies, DVDs)
- Sustainable School Plaque
- C3 E-Certificates for participants
- C3 Winning Banner for School
- Broward Naturescape prize
- Broward Solid Waste and Recycling Services prize
- To motivate students and teachers to participate, create signs, posters, announcements or other fun visuals to place in each classroom that takes the pledge, so other students and teachers know who in the school is committed to protecting the climate and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- You can send out weekly e-mails to participating classrooms with different climate "tips" and reminders on ways to protect the planet.
- You could also post each classroom’s audit results and students’ activities in a highly visible location, so everyone who uses that classroom can be aware of the C3 Challenge and see the actions the students, teachers, and parents are taking.
Share your story! Mandatory
This year the Air Quality Program is requiring that you share your school’s experience with the C3 Challenge and let us know what you are doing at your school to help the environment to be eligible to win the competition.
For example: Tally the results for all classrooms audits, the C3 Challenge Take Home exercise and other activities and share them with everyone who participated: the principal, the teachers, parents, the whole school, or even the school board.
Broward County would like to hear about all the activities your school initiated, the results of your audit, any educational activities products, and pictures of any materials/events used to promote the C3 Challenge in the school. Just complete and send in the results form below.
Share Your Story Form (Word-21KB)