All–In-One Recycling Takes Center Stage At School
Recycling in Broward County Public Schools is easier than ever before! “All-in-One” recycling is here! “All-in-One” is a system of recycling also known as “single-stream” recycling. This system allows you to place all your recyclable into “One” container. This eliminates the need to sort your recyclables. Just think, your paper, plastics and metals may all be placed in the same receptacle.
The “All-in-One” system is already in use by many Broward County Public Schools. Contact the Public School Recycling Program at 954-474-1868 or via e-mail at email@example.com for more information on how your school can get started with “All-in-One” recycling.
Here’s what you can put in your recycling bin(s):
- Flattened cardboard and paperboard (cereal boxes).
- Notebook papers, soft-covered books, magazines, catalogs, junk mail, office paper, file folders, newspapers, inserts, envelopes
- Juice cartons and drink boxes
- Plastic bottles (narrow-neck only)
- Aluminum and steel food and beverage cans
DO NOT place these items in your All-in-One container(s):
- Hard-cover books and spiral-bound books
- Soft paper, such as napkins, paper towels, toilet paper, etc.
- Plastic bags
- Candy wrappers
- Pizza boxes
- Food waste
- Misc. plastics (cups, etc.)
*Please do not place recyclables in black bags. Black bags found in recycling containers will be considered contamination and may prevent recyclables from being collected.