County Employee Office Recycling
Broward County employees find it easier every day to go green as more and more recycling bins appear around the workplace, and employees take the lead in coordinating efforts. Staff is now assessing work areas to ensure that every employee, agency, office and facility has what they need to recycle. Contact the Government Offices Recycling Program at 954-474-1868 to request an assessment.
Recycling: Easy As a Walk in the Park
All Broward County regional parks have recycling bins, giving you the opportunity to do something good for the environment. You’ll also find bins in many neighborhood parks, nature centers and preserves. Take advantage of every opportunity to recycle – it seems like a small thing to do, but when all of us do it, it makes a huge difference! Find out more...
Have you seen this ad? Look for it to pop up in government offices, in the newspaper, and on our website as part of Broward County's award-winning recycling campaign.
In the U.S., just over 48 percent of office paper is recovered for recycling. This is recycled into new products like paperboard, tissue, paper towels, notebook paper, copy paper, envelopes and more. Broward County employees can also recycle plastic bottles, metal and glass recyclables all in one receptacle. With our workforce of 5,600-strong, we can make a big difference.
Be an Environmental StewardThese three little words can turn anyone into an environmental steward overnight:
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Purchase durable products
- Use email for memos, messages, reports, etc.
- Use the “other” side of paper for drafts and notes
- Post announcements on a common bulletin board
- Work with vendors to ship materials in returnable, recyclable packaging, or use less materials
- Drink from reusable cups or mugs instead of disposable ones
- Reuse envelopes, file folders, dividers and binders
- Reuse outdated letterhead to print drafts, or as notepaper
- Reuse/swap office furniture and equipment
- Paper (computer, copy and fax paper); file folders, envelopes (including window)
- Chipboard (lightweight cardboard)
- Newspapers, magazines, journals, catalogs, flyers, brochures, pamphlets
- Cardboard, flattened
- Narrow-neck plastic bottles
- All glass beverage containers
- Aluminum and steel metal cans
- Aseptic packaging (juice and soup boxes)
- Gable-top containers (milk and juice cartons)
Get Your Agency Recycling!
If you would like to be an Office/Agency Recycling Coordinator and help encourage recycling among your co-workers, call 954-474-1868 to give us your input and find out how you can help.